Reference to the Noosa Festival includes its authorised ticketing agency.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
2. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 What kind of personal information do we collect? The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name;
- your contact details (address, telephone number(s) and email address);
- transactional information you provide when you make a payment to us (for example, credit card details);
- personal information you provide when you commence a business relationship with us;
- any correspondence between you and us; and
- any other personal information you provide when you make an inquiry, request information, enter a competition, respond to marketing, lodge a complaint, provide feedback, seek volunteer work with NOOSA FESTIVAL or correspond with us.
2.2 Reasons for collecting your personal information. We collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with the products, services and information you request. In particular, we may collect your personal information to:
- determine your requirements in order to provide you with appropriate products and services;
- process your online purchases or donations and issue you with tickets to performances;
- notify you of changes to performance details or cancelled performances;
- replace and re-issue you with lost tickets;
- contact you in relation to lost property and to return lost property to you;
- provide you with information about upcoming performances or events;
- recommend to you other services we or selected partners offer which may be of interest to you;
- process any communications you send to us (for example, responding to your queries, assessing your application for volunteer work, and dealing with any complaints or feedback you have);
- identify you and protect you from unauthorised access to your personal information;
- where you have provided us with your consent – help us develop and improve the services to our patrons, for example by conducting marketing and research;
- get in touch with you if we need to;
- do anything which you authorise or consent to us doing; or
- take any action we are required or authorised by law to take.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, it is generally not possible for us to provide you with the products or services you have requested (for example, to issue you tickets to performances). Where it is lawful and practical to do so, we may allow you to deal with us anonymously.
2.3 How do we collect personal information? Wherever possible, we always try to collect personal information directly from you – for example, when you:
- become an email subscriber;
- purchase performance or event tickets from us – for example either online, personally or over the phone through the Festival ‘s ticketing agency;
- make a donation;
- request information over the internet or telephone;
- enter a competition run by us; or
- correspond with us.
We may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with, such as:
- presenter organisations, promoters, performance companies, venues, sponsors and our business partners to whom you have provided your personal information; and
- from time to time, providers of third party applications which collect and share information.
We may also collect personal information from third parties you refer to us. If we do so, we will assume, and you will ensure, that you have made that third party aware of the referral and the purpose(s) of the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal information.
When you communicate with NOOSA FESTIVAL through social media sites or using applications provided by third parties (such as via your smart phone), we may collect your personal information from that communication. We assume that you have informed yourself of the ways in which such sites or applications can collect and disclose your personal information, and that you otherwise consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by such sites or applications (including disclosure to, and collection by, NOOSA FESTIVAL).
3. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Who we may disclose your personal information to? We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related entities and businesses such as our authorised ticketing agency;
- any entity to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information (for example, law enforcement agencies, various Federal, State or Local Government bodies and public health agencies);
- our professional advisers, contractors or other service providers we engage to carry out (or advise on) our functions and activities – for example, our mail service providers, marketing consultants and insurers (who may be located in Australia or overseas);
- any specific parties which we have advised you of at the time we collect your personal information; and
- with your consent (express or implied) – other entities.
The above entities may in turn disclose your personal information to any other entities as described in their privacy policies or statements.
3.2 Direct marketing, subscriptions and disclosure to third parties. We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about our products and services. By applying to become a NOOSA FESTIVAL email subscriber (including NOOSA FESTIVAL e-News and other NOOSA FESTIVAL emails), you are taken to have consented to us sending you the requested newsletters and information, and also other information about upcoming performances and other products and services offered by NOOSA FESTIVAL and its partners.
In addition, when you createan account for ticket purchases or donations, we will also ask you whether you would like to receive news and offers from us. If you answer “Yes” to receiving information from NOOSA FESTIVAL – you are taken to also have consented to receiving information from:
- our business partners and associates (including but not limited to event organisers and performance companies); and
- other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements for the purposes of promoting our respective products and services.
If you answer “Yes” to receiving information from event promoters, you are agreeing that we may pass your information to event promoters who may contact you directly.
Stopping marketing and promotional material from NOOSA FESTIVAL. You may change your decision at any time in the future by contacting us (details below) or by changing your preferences in your online account. If you tell us you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional material from us, we will not send you any such material. If you change your mind in the future and wish to receive marketing or promotional material from us, please contact us. We will still continue to send you required service related emails, such as booking confirmation emails and tickets.
Stopping marketing and promotional material from third parties. As a general rule, if third parties have received your personal information, their handling of your personal information will be governed by their privacy policies. In some cases, it may also be necessary for you to contact the relevant organisations to notify them of your decision.
4. STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NOOSA FESTIVAL will take precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
As a general rule, we store your personal information in our electronic databases. From time to time, NOOSA FESTIVAL may engage service providers to store personal information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our service providers are carefully chosen and have policies, procedures and systems in place to keep personal information secure. When your personal information is no longer required and if permitted by law, we will destroy or delete it from our systems in a secure manner. However, we may be required by law to retain certain information – for example, under the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
5. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to have access to any documents held by us which contain your personal information, please contact us (details below). Please note that we may ask you to make your request in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity (for example, we may ask you to provide us with photo identification, such as a copy of your current driver’s licence or passport). Please also note that under some circumstances under the Act or other legislation, we may not be able to provide you with the access you have requested.
To effectively conduct our business with you, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and current. At any time while we hold your personal information, we may ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. Alternatively, if you are aware that the personal information we hold needs to be corrected or updated, please contact us (details below). Under certain circumstances in the Act, we may not be required to correct your personal information. Also, we may not be able to require third parties or our business partners to provide you with access to the personal information they hold about you. If we decide not to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will give you reasons for our decision.
6. DEALING WITH NOOSA FESTIVAL ONLINE
Examples of such information may include:
- Site visit information – we and/or contractors may collect general information about your visit to the NOOSA FESTIVAL website. This information may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed and the type of Internet browser you use. We and/or our contractors use this information in an anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes to assist us with improving the quality of our website.
We do not transmit your personal information by e-mail externally unless you have given your consent (expressly or impliedly) to us doing so. An example of how you may have impliedly given your consent may be when you e-mail us your personal information and require us to reply to you by e-mail, or you do not object when we advise you that we intend to forward your information to a third party by e-mail. Please note that email correspondence may be monitored by our website support staff for system trouble shooting and maintenance purposes.
7. OVERSEAS TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
NOOSA FESTIVAL will only transfer your personal information to an entity outside of Australia if:
- you agree to the transfer;
- the transfer is authorised or required under a law;
- we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the transfer is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, safety or welfare of an individual, or to public health, safety or welfare; or
- Two (2) or more of the following apply:
- we reasonably believe that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract that effectively upholds principles for the fair handling of information that are substantially similar to the IPPs;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of our functions in relation to you;
- the transfer is for your benefit but it is not practicable to seek your agreement, and if it were practicable to seek your agreement, you would be likely to give your agreement; and
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we transfer will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient in a way that is inconsistent with the IPPs.
If you have a complaint about how we handled your personal information, please contact us (details below). Please note that we may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. We will:
- within 14 business days of receiving your complaint in writing – acknowledge receipt of your complaint; and
- within 45 business days of receiving your complaint – investigate the circumstances of your complaint and provide you with a response.
10. OUR CONTACT DETAILS
- By email: Ian Mackellar Festival Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing: Noosa Festival, PO Box 381, Noosaville Q 4566
- Personally: Ecomnoosa. Suite 13/95 Eumundi Road. Noosaville Q 4566 Ph (07) 5474 2544